Saturday, March 10, 2012

This week

Yesterday was our 4th grade field trip. We went to Yucaipa Regional Park. It was a beautiful day but it was a bit hot sitting in the sun watching this cool zoo keeper talk about these different kinds of animals. He really spoke in a way that kids would understand and they seemed to love him. The bus ended up being a half an hour late so the day seemed long. We didn't get back to school until 4:15 and the last kiddo didn't go home until 4:40 so I was pretty tired and sun burned. Overall though it was very successful and the kids seemed to like it.





                                                                              

Then today, we went to Zach's first karate promotion. I was given lots of great advice on how to get through today. I was told it is extremely physically exhausting and some kids even cry on their first time doing this, so I went in prepared and prepped Zach (cause he works better if he knows the deal going in. This kid doesn't like surprises). Matt called a few times throughout the promotion to see how he was doing and kept asking me if he had whined or broke down yet and I was so happy to answer "no." I am so proud of him! He did amazing! He ran about 4 1/2 miles after doing numerous rounds of exercise stations. It was beautiful out today, but the sun was out, so that can make it harder when the sun is beating down on you! There are a lot of pictures because I wanted to capture every move he made during the basics. That is what he was tested on today and he did earn his belt!! 













1 comment: