Thursday, June 7, 2012

How Time Flies

Yes, this is Drew (the one in the orange) on his first day of Kindergarten on July 6, 2005. He was one day away from turning 5! His kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Anderson was so amazing! We have treasured all of Drew's teachers throughout the years, they've been such a blessing to us! They all saw his potential and brought out the best in him!                                            

And then today it happened, he promoted out of Elementary School. I just can't wrap my head around how fast time goes by. He has hung in there through the thick and thin, good and bad. He's accomplished so much, and come so far in just these few short 7 years. We couldn't be prouder of the young man he is growing into. We are looking forward to the journeys to come. I just can't believe he only has 6 more years of school! 
            
             This is him walking down the aisle to take his seat.                                   

 He was asked to lead the Pledge of Allegiance. What an honor!

His wonderful 6th grade teacher!


Afterwards, we went to lunch. Drew's choice. If you know Drew, then you know he chose Chinese food. I hate Chinese food, but I love my son more than I hate Chinese food, so off we went! Then we headed off to Disney, and guess what? We were blocked out! So sad, but Drew took it like a champ and said, "that's ok! Let's go use my gift card to Game Stop instead!" Such a boy! So we did and then we came home and swam! All around, great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment