Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Year Late

     
It's been a year since this day. Drew asked us if he could be baptized when he was 8. We made the decision as parents to not allow him to do that at that time. We knew our kid wasn't ready and didn't really know what it meant to be baptized. Then a year later, he asked us again and this time we knew he was ready. He was able to explain the meaning of baptism and what it meant to him to be baptized. So in August of last year, he did it! If only you knew how far this kid has come, you'd cry too. He has a heart for the Lord like no other kid I've known. He strives to do the right thing and when he messes up, the first thing he does is ask Jesus for forgivness. I love his energy and insight and the deep talks we have. What a journey his life has been already. God has truly blessed us with him. He is such a precious gift.

1 comment:

  1. You make me want to cry! Tears of joy. I love that Drew loves the Lord and I love seeing you parent him. Your compassion is a true example to me! Way to go Drew!

    ReplyDelete